It’s always a great moment when the new TNT comes in my mailbox… Full of interesting articles, it’s a pleasure to read.
- First article is a presentation of the PL-01 concept. It’s a Polish project of a new, ultramodern Main Battle Tank. Photos reveals a tank with a futuristic look. If the tests iwith the Polish army are positive, the production will start In 2018.
- “Camouflage urbain: l’art disruptif”. Interresting article about the urban camo. The goal of such a camo is not complete camouflage (impossible to hidden a tank in a street of course) but more to break the general form of the vehicle. Splendid 3D drawings give good examples of urban camo.
- SDKFZ.251/9 Stummel: how to re-use not-so-obsolete guns on AFV’s
- Les chars du Pacte de Varsovie: la déferlante blindée: that article presents the tanks of the Warsaw Pact. Very complete with lot of photos.
- 12,8cm Pak 44/L55: the most powerful antitank gun of the WWII.
- A34 Comet: sur les traces du Panther: the history of the tank that was conceived to counter the Panther…
- Panzerkleinzerstörer Rutscher E-5 le chasseur furtif: a tank hunter ceonceived in 1943 to be low-cost and massively produced.
- Lockheed AH-56 Cheyenne: continuing the serie of article about helicopters, this time it’s the turn of the Cheyenne, born with a program of 1963.
- Panzer-Draisine Zeppelin: short article but very informative on that strange tank conceived to be used on railways…
- Panzer IV Ausf. F versus Panzer IV/70(V) : the comparative of the month.
My conclusion is the habitual one: if you read French language and if you are passionate about MBT and AFV, don’t miss TNT Magazine!