Eduard 1/48 MiG-29UB
Just released by Eduard is the MiG-29UB at 1/48th scale. It is the Academy kit, reboxed, but with lot of extras that improve grandly the kit! The opening of a box kit is always a thrilling moment: what will you find inside? Well, with this kit it’s simply fabulous!!!
The sprues are packaged per two under plastic bags. Kit parts are of good quality, molded in a light grey plastic. There are six sprues, including some armament like rockets and missiles. The canopy is very limpid.
What ameliorates the kit is of course the photoetched set. There are two frets, one being in colour (instrument panels, seatbelts and some other elements). But the big improvement comes from the now famous Eduard’s Brassin. The seats, cockpit interior, lots of little parts and even two pilot helmets are amazing!!!
The decal sheet is also splendid, with all the stencils needed and not less than 6 decorations available:
• Poland: 1st Tactical Air Force Squadron, Minsk Mazowiecki Airbase, 2009 bearing on the top of the fuselage the emblem of the Kosciuszko Squadron;
• Russia: 31st GvIAP, Zernograd Air Base, 2006 (with a nice sharkmouth);
• Czechoslovakia: 11th Fighter Regiment, Zatec Air Base, july 1989 to October 1993;
• Slovakia: 1st Fighter Squadron, Sliac Air Base, from 1993;
• Azerbaijan: Zeynalabdin Tagiyev Air Base, 2007-2011;
• Czech Republic: 1st Fighter Regiment, Plana Air Base, Ceske Budejovice, October 1993 to 1995.
Of course the instruction manual explains how to place all the stencils on that aircrafts…
And finally there is also a little sheet of express masks. Those masks have proven to be very helpful.
In conclusion, we have here a splendid product that will give a stunning kit once build. I will begin mine soon but, as it is frequent with Eduard releases, I’ve actually difficulties to choose which decoration to do; there are all very nice… direct order here!
Sample kit is provided by Jan Zdiarsky from Eduard