Author Topic: The first of all, too...  (Read 3970 times)

Offline Jicehem

• View Profile
The first of all, too...
« on: November 21, 2008, 06:16:26 PM »
Hi, it's me again,  :-salut

Now a picture of the very first Mirage IV : N° 01.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j215/jicehem/DassaultMirageIVA-01_AviMag_60-03-1.jpg
The first of all, too...

Cheers,  :-wave

Jicehem

Offline No.1

• Administrator and Owner
  • Administrator
  • Owner: www.letletlet-warplanes.com
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
Re: The first of all, too...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 06:50:24 PM »
I had a Heller 1/72 kit and compared with all others medium bombers of that time this one is most interesting. Few decades ago I have watch at Yugoslav TV bombing exercise were was trained drooping of A bomb. What was intriguing me is that at the last moment before the bomb release, man from the control center has count from 10 to 1 and then pilot or bomber officer [navigator] had push the trigger. And I don't understand how the operator in center could know the moment when bomb have to be drop, there was not data transfer link as we know them today.

Letipapa

Re: The first of all, too...
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 01:10:26 AM »
It just may be that control operator knew the distance in time from the certain coordinates on the radar where the bomb had to be released... :-think :-think :-think
 I do not know. Could be in those times that airplane just had to reach certain point, release the bomb and rush back. Everything else was monitored by radar and coordinated from some control center. For sure it could not be so precise like now.
And, of course, I could be talking nonsense, because I am not competent - this is just loud thinking, so do not judge me hard. :-wave