Author Topic: WIP Help  (Read 4315 times)

Offline mattrcaf

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Commonwealth Bomber Crews of the Second World War
WIP Help
« on: September 03, 2010, 08:48:13 PM »
Hi Guys,

I am self taught in PS and I'm running into some ugly jagged lines when I create curves and I cannot seem to get around it.

So I guess my question is why or how is this happening? You will notice in the attached image that the perspex on the nose looks pretty smooth, I used fill path there, rather than stroke path - could that be it?

Any help is appreciated.

Also please disregard the horrendous looking carburetor ducts on the engines (the vents on top) - I have re-done them on a later version.

Offline No.1

• Administrator and Owner
  • Administrator
  • Owner: www.letletlet-warplanes.com
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
Re: WIP Help
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 09:17:06 PM »
Jagged lines... maybe you have used in later work Magic Wand for selection and result was this teething lines. When select shape or object in layer, Press Ctrl and click on the square images on the left side of the layer bar in layers palette. This give you smooth and precise selection and will not leave jagged lines.

Offline mattrcaf

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Commonwealth Bomber Crews of the Second World War
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 06:14:39 PM »
Jagged lines... maybe you have used in later work Magic Wand for selection and result was this teething lines. When select shape or object in layer, Press Ctrl and click on the square images on the left side of the layer bar in layers palette. This give you smooth and precise selection and will not leave jagged lines.

No.1, I was able to get around it by creating a new shape/shape layer, the curves came out smooth then.

I have no idea why, but it worked.

Offline No.1

• Administrator and Owner
  • Administrator
  • Owner: www.letletlet-warplanes.com
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 07:04:51 PM »
Path are vector type of tools and they give absolute precision.