Author Topic: Political names  (Read 43676 times)

Offline javier_planells

• Beginner
  • "Words will always retain their power."
    • View Profile
    • The Modeling Underdog - A haven of bad taste for the faint hearted.
Re: Political names
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 08:32:08 PM »
That makes us three merry beer drinkers, then....
Javier Planells
"Do you know what Nemesis means? It is a righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a horrible bastard, ME."

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2011, 08:33:45 PM »
The great thing about LLL since I've been a member is the genuine fellowship that is here, and it all goes back to sharing our modeling passion. I have strong political/philosophical/religious beliefs but I made a vow to myself never to get into arguments or discussions about that kind of thing. I consider y'all friends and don't spend any time at all worrying about outside influences--we have a great group of model builders and researchers here and I, for one, don't want to lose anyone.

Now where is that beer............ :)

Offline mfg495

• By Day or Night
    • View Profile
    • AirRecce
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2011, 08:53:33 PM »
This has to stop, we all joined this site to enjoy the art of modelling, I for one made many friends here from all corners of the world. Endless talk like this is going to drive members away and that's the last thing we want. This site has been a place where we have been able to talk about the things we live, modelling and military art, lets keep it that way.
The last thing we would wish to do for the sake of the site is to start banning people.

Zetman please for the sake of the site let this one go, please!

ΚΑΘΟΡΩΜΕΝ ΑΙΣΤΟΙ
(We Observe unseen)

Offline mfg495

• By Day or Night
    • View Profile
    • AirRecce
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2011, 08:56:05 PM »
javier_planells my bars open want to join me for a beer or two, cheap prices.....

ΚΑΘΟΡΩΜΕΝ ΑΙΣΤΟΙ
(We Observe unseen)

Offline No.1

• Administrator and Owner
  • Administrator
  • Owner: www.letletlet-warplanes.com
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2011, 09:03:08 PM »
I will left next 24 hours before make final decision. Must say that I am glad that we have response and this simply mean that this place still hold family atmosphere ;)

Beer :))

Offline Sall

• Build what YOU want,the way YOU want to,and above all-have fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 09:10:26 PM »
 :-flo

Profa

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2011, 11:20:00 PM »
Dark one for me :-jump, and I'm not even going to discuss this political b...s..t :-danger
Go to some political forum and express your thoughts on this matter :-paper, meet your opponent and discuss it whatever way you'd like :-bat, but here please go on with modelling :-wch

Offline javier_planells

• Beginner
  • "Words will always retain their power."
    • View Profile
    • The Modeling Underdog - A haven of bad taste for the faint hearted.
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 11:23:34 PM »
javier_planells my bars open want to join me for a beer or two, cheap prices.....

Yes I do, mate. A pint for me, please.
Javier Planells
"Do you know what Nemesis means? It is a righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a horrible bastard, ME."

dragan_mig31

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2011, 12:07:28 AM »
Oh my.I could not even imagine what will this thread turn into.For your information My country's institutional name is Republic Of Macedonia and the UN provisional agreed name is FYROM.I see that you call upon the US for support and if I may give you some fresh news,5-6 years ago the USA recognized my coutry by its constitutional name,so any further debating is futile.you have your beliefs I have mine,others have theirs so if we start to argue and talk about this kind of stuff we will ruin the essence and nature of this forum and that is our common passion about building model kits.I did not answered to your provocations till now but now I see I am not alone here (for your info I am full blodded Serbian national that is born in Skopje,Republic Of Macedonia and I like to think of Macedonia as my fathersland becouse I have spent all my life here).Now please lets build some models and stop this nonsense.

Regards,Dragan.

Offline shmenezes

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2011, 12:12:13 AM »
Join us and grab a cold beer, Dragan.. It's on me!! ;)

Offline ta152c

• Beginner
  • My threads are doing iron man numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2011, 12:20:34 AM »
I think it best to draw a line and move on, after all, it's the models that matter.

dragan_mig31

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2011, 12:35:20 AM »
Thanks guys.My I grab a coca cola instead?I don't drink alchohol or beer either :D

Offline zetman

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2011, 02:50:40 AM »
My passion for modelling,and all my good mood and willing to share with you all of my creations(mostly vignettes)drove me to register.
I know that this is a modelling forum and respect it.Don't try to achieve anything.Not provocative,just a realist.
I made myself clear in my two first pms.
I tried to be as polite as I could without upseting,or even insulting/offending any of you.(in my oppinion..)
Dear mfg495 with the nice Hellenic tag/signature,thank you for your message.But could you be kind enough please to explain what do you mean with your words:
...The last thing we would wish to do for the sake of the site is to start banning people.
Zetman please for the sake of the site let this one go, please!

Should I be banned for the site?Is my point of view insulting or offending you?Was my objection nonesonse?
I could leave it go,due to respect of the moderator who trusted to register me and dont want to bring him in such difficult possition to...bann me.
Really,have you ever been banned of a modelling site because some of your creations like, lets say...a burned German soldier in Dresden would hurt the English commmon feeling enough...
Or some Palestinian children playing in front of the Wall would upset the Israelis...
I can also understand that the matter does not interest any of you,why should?
This reminds me a moto: outside of the dancing,you can be singing as much as you want.

In a matter of fact,Macedonia includes a further meaning than name.Land and occupants.
Macedonia also means μήκος=lenght,and was given this name either because they were physically tall(I doubt it since I  have seen the skeleton of Phillipos in his tomb in Pella,he was rather short)or because they settled in the mountains.That's for the history and whom wonders what's the meaning of the names are.Names are not given by accident or chance.They do mean something,and not just come and go at least javier.

By the way,Macedonians used to speak Hellinika.All tombs and marbles even in your country as you can see they are still sculpted on.Alexander's teachers were from Athens, like Aristotelis.It was the official language.
Can't stand anymore any of your Macedonian propaganda and the battle of Alexander's nationality.
Who was his father really?
Was the son of king Amyntas the 3rd and Eurydice?
You want your roots back?
Maybe you should start searching who Illyrians or Paeonians are.
There is a nice American proffesor's (the third eye)study about who are the above I mentioned.
I could find and send it if you like.
In conclusion...dear dragan,
not willing to argue any more with you or any other fellas in the forum,and because I am still up in my ivory tower dear javier,and I am a full blodded Thracian(you know Phillipos attacked to Thrace and made it-as a common practice- part of his territory,and all allied towns/states then started marching against Persians)
... I grew up and live in Macedonia too,but in Greece,in Thessaloniki,I agree not to discuss any further about politics,and with all respect I am willing to draw a line and forget everything since you show me good willing and use what you wrote in your last msg. Skopje,Republic Of Macedonia

Offline No.1

• Administrator and Owner
  • Administrator
  • Owner: www.letletlet-warplanes.com
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2011, 03:00:50 AM »
Should I be banned for the site?Is my point of view insulting or offending you?Was my objection nonesonse?
I could leave it go,due to respect of the moderator who trusted to register me and dont want to bring him in such difficult possition to...bann me.
Really,have you ever been banned of a modelling site because some of your creations like, lets say...a burned German soldier in Dresden would hurt the English commmon feeling enough...

No way that you could be banned from this site from above mentioned reasons. Your right is to make subject as you like and feel.

... I grew up and live in Macedonia too,but in Greece,in Thessaloniki,I agree not to discuss any further about politics,and with all respect I am willing to draw a line and forget everything since you show me good willing and use what you wrote in your last msg. Skopje,Republic Of Macedonia

This is the fact and no argue about that. At least we know history and your post include some valuable info. Some things are not possible to change so maybe formal solution is to simply call FYRM and this is it. If anybody of us say 'What do you think about this Macedonian fighter?', you are free to say (example) 'This is nice camouflaged FYRM warplane'. Not perfect solution but we can try.

And finally to thank you all for giving your impressions and feedback  :-razz

Offline Sall

• Build what YOU want,the way YOU want to,and above all-have fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2011, 10:40:29 AM »
Lets go on models! :)) ;)