Author Topic: Political names  (Read 43693 times)

Offline zetman

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Political names
« on: July 27, 2011, 04:39:26 PM »
Dragan mate,although you have done a wonderful work in your hind,as I have seen in other forums too,I would like to express my great disappointment regarding your title. :-roll
I suppose your intention is good,and you would like to write F.Y.R.O.M which means Former Yugoslavian Republic Of Macedonia.Can't think anything else.Think that till now our good neighboors don't realise that they are against national treatments and regulations. :-think
Their "airport" (ex skopje) Alexander the great now, is also illegaly named,as with this name exists KAVALA's airport in North Greece,as also Macedonia is called Thessaloniki's airport.And these are not my words,you can look in ICAO statues and national air manuals as MAIPs.
USA also express their dissapointment in Skopia attitude for not finding a compromising solution of their name.
It's like one day Greece manages to name one of their states Belgrade or Nis,and rename one of its airports Nikola Tesla.How would you find that? :-eek
So please without missunderstandings ask you politely to rename your title,and don't use it as it does not exist.
Just remembered that I have seen  posted a Su25 with this name too.
For God's sake!... :-/
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 04:41:38 PM by zetman »

Offline No.1

• Administrator and Owner
  • Administrator
  • Owner: www.letletlet-warplanes.com
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
Political names
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 04:45:36 PM »
Zetman- to regret this details can not be solved on this forum at all. I know that harsh situation is among the two countries in regard to this name but as you know no one of us wanted that and we are not responsible for that. Even the proposed name FYROM include Macedonia in its name so this is just masking the problem (from my point of view). Hope that you and Dragan will find solution in this way and from my side I would do my best to keep on friendly atmosphere on forum.

Offline zetman

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Political names
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 05:10:30 PM »
Dear No1 and whole forum,
I know that this is not the apropriate place to write such,and No1 my intentions as I have mentioned in our pm conversation before,is not to spoil or ruin the friendly atmosphere in forum.
Also I have nothing to seperate with Dragan,I don't even know him personaly.
Neither WE will find a solution for that problem suppose,its someone's else bussiness to do that.

But,what do you mean ...masking the problem?Whatever name FYROM wants(I really don't bother),this one is not authorized by law,unlawful, or more generally by rules and for my point of view,feel furious when it is used.

In conclusion,to make myself clear.
If one part of the forum wants to write something,other parts have to comply,or not dissagree with that?Suppose that we are free to express our thoughts,or complains.

For information and only,in other forums when similar situation appeared,moderators took place,asking the writter what I have done.

All that I ask,is all of us to be a little bit careful when we are typping anything.

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
Political names
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 05:41:12 PM »

Offline draken35

• View Profile
Political names
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 05:58:11 PM »
Well, if I can give my point of view...

I'm Belgian and, as you know, there is growing problems between Flemishes and Wallonians (I'm Wallonian). So I can understand susceptibility in some situations - But please, not here. It's a hobby forum, not a political one. I will not be bored if someone builds a what-if Flemish aircraft here... Dragan haves for sure no bad intention - I have to add that I presented myself here a Macedonian BTR, and I see no reason to modify the title of that topic. I'm fully neutral; the words are simply used as they are: without no unfriendly nor aggressive intention. Let the political point of view to politicians: they are just good for that: politic. To speak about all, to criticize all, but to be fully ineffective - Point of view based on a careful study of Belgian politicians...

Offline Sall

• Build what YOU want,the way YOU want to,and above all-have fun!
    • View Profile
Political names
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 06:24:24 PM »
I agree with Daniel. ;)
Only one conclusion. As we all know, 99 ', the SRJ was at war with NATO. There are many members who live in the member states of NATO, but I never mentioned to them  anything about bombing of my country. The charges do not even want to talk about. This is a wonderful forum, primarily models-plane, so I think politics has no place here. If the UN failed to resolve this problem, I doubt that we will succeed.
The best would be that the moderator remove the posts(including mine!) where this issue is not the place, and to continue in the direction of modeling. Such a shame that spoil the good work of our colleagues Dragan. :-flo
I hope that is ok idea to remove all offtopic! :-think
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 06:26:24 PM by Sall »

Offline zetman

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Political names
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 07:25:02 PM »
I had no intention to spoil the wonderful site.Just asked for the common right thing to be done.
Also my intention is NOT TO SOLVE ΤΗΕ PROBLEM,but instead to avoid such provocative naming, as the constitutional name is FYROM or REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA,but NOT MACEDONIA.
Is there anywhere else in the world any nation apart Belgium, which is called Begium?
And when you refer to Macedonia...which one do you mean? Skopje?
Then we should better alter the name of Greek Macedonia and Thessaloniki's or Kavala's airport names,because they want the name of "Alexander the great".Or even release the territory.
Or alter history better?
In conclusion,as I told moderator I will have to leave the forum and not bother you again with my objections.
Knowing that this wont heart your feelings,it will be a personal relief.

Offline zetman

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Political names
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 07:32:33 PM »
If I have red your thread about the BTR before this one,I would have told you the same things.
You would be neutral if you name it FYROM's BTR.
And as you are a Belgian,I am a Macedonian.And do not bear it.I am not a political matter.
Sometimes words are not simply used as they are,and other meanings are hidding beneath.
I see many reasons to modify the title of that topic.
If someone does not react,begins to legalizing it,and turn it to political correct.But it is NOT.

Offline Sall

• Build what YOU want,the way YOU want to,and above all-have fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Political names
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 07:43:25 PM »
I think that you not understand me. Is this the place where will be able to resolve the problem? I doubt that our colleague Dragan had a bad intention.
I do not understand what you want to achieve on the modeling forum? :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall :-wall

This is my last answer to you in this topic! I hope you will not leave forum,you have great models,but i don't want to be your prisoner,and  do not want this to turn into a political forum, because you obviously you have an bad intention, as soon as you do not want to stop typing about politics, although this is only modeling forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 07:45:54 PM by Sall »

Offline wviz

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 07:55:04 PM »

Offline POMPEO

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 08:06:13 PM »
Oh my god....

Political, nacionalist and Racial problems have your ways to discuss, and I'm right that is not here that this problems will be solved...

please leave our forum in peace

Best,

Pompeo
Vini Pompeo
www.kitmaniac.com
GPPSM - President

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 08:09:56 PM »
Hope that members will find solution. From the very start we did not have any political problems but as well we are adult, we can solve this and hope to stay clean place as we was.

Offline javier_planells

• Beginner
  • "Words will always retain their power."
    • View Profile
    • The Modeling Underdog - A haven of bad taste for the faint hearted.
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 08:22:55 PM »
It's all naming conventions. And do you know what happens with naming conventions? They're here to give a sense of lgic to something that's not. For fart's sake, noboy really knows where they're coming from. And names come and go, in the end. To have such an argument in a modeling forum is just like to declare that europeans are not so advanced into understanding each other, nor being willing to. Which is a real shame.

Well, I guess I'll return to the forum when people come down from their ivory tower and agree to have a modeling forum again and not a political mardi gras of non sense.
Javier Planells
"Do you know what Nemesis means? It is a righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a horrible bastard, ME."

Offline shmenezes

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 08:26:21 PM »
From my seat here in far away Brazil, I'd  like to add my 2 cents to the discussion...

This is a modeling forum, composed of people from many countries, with different cultural, historical and political backgrounds. What gets everybody together here is the passion they share for aircraft and modeling, in spite of all the differences. Although we build models of real subjects, I think that we must check reality at the door, together with things that can disturb this place: politics, law and so own. As long as what we do here doesn't harm anyone, I think we can be a little more tolerant.

So the UN and NATO adopted the provisional name of  former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM)? IMHO, I don't see "provisional" as final, official, legal or the gospel. And does anyone here really care, from a modeling viewpoint, which name is used? Will it make the model better or worse? My vote: leave political, religious and other bothering real world ideas at he door, they have no place here... ;)

Now gimme a beer... Everyone can have a cold one, too, I'm buying... ;)

Sergio :)

Offline draken35

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 08:29:22 PM »
Personnaly I will stop to comment this post, and even to read it. Closed. Down. I hate politic and politicians, and our forum is a forum for modellers. I will even make no comment to the answer Zetman made to me.
For me he is welcome here... For models.

Ite missa est...
Will drink a beer with you, Sergio ;)