Author Topic: Let Let Let Warplanes will going down  (Read 41333 times)

Offline No.1

• Administrator and Owner
  • Administrator
  • Owner: www.letletlet-warplanes.com
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
Let Let Let Warplanes will going down
« on: April 09, 2008, 12:12:37 PM »
Greetings all,

You have noted last months that we have made great improvements in the forum design and application scripts. Result is the better running place with friendlier feature then before. Most important is the upgrade of the whole forum script into the latest version.

Basic web site is next. In following weeks or months Let Let Let Warplanes will be down. I don’t know when but I am site that this will be happen. It will be reborn will full new features and options. But this will be not be only graphical and script changes. First at all this will be active web site with few authors and editors there. All of you who are work on article will get your portfolio page. Tag system will be completely new and this will give result in the better search the site. Also I prepare to include complete new feature on the gallery of images as well we will deployed here a thousand of images from museums and air shows.

What is really new is the general policy- no free support for any publications any more. Me and some of you here, on my advice, have been supported few magazines article and book project. In reward we did not get thank you and no sample of publications. Now everything will be offer for sale- images and profiles at average world price. No excuse for anyone! If somebody have thousand of dollars or Euros to pay printing of publication I am sure that he or she could pay few hundred for images and art. But I will continue to give free permission to use material from web site on other sites and support basic internet idea of spreading knowledge.

And something where I really need you- regarding to the detailed info from the web tracking we have a lot of visitors from France, Germany and Netherlands. After that coming Italy, Czech Republic and so on… Is it possible to get language support for the article? Is there any member who could give some time and translate articles from Category of Files and Models into the at first line French, German and Dutch language? This will be great burst for the site!

Let me hear what you think  :-think  :-ok

samuraj77

Re: Let Let Let Warplanes will going down
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 01:05:17 PM »
These are some great ideas, changes are good from time to time I personally like the new forum look and layout.
Gallery improvements should perhaps include some more photos visible for visitors and by my opinion could attract even more visitors. Photos should surely be protected with some signature of the author and LLL mark and not in full resolution.
Idea for multi-language is great and I hope it will work.
Well these are some of my observations and I hope you'll find them constructive...   
I am sure that LLL will look even better and it will surely become "the Hot Spot" for any aviation enthusiast if it isn't already.  :-tri
 :-wave

Offline Skyraider3D

• Beginner
  • Plane Insane!
    • View Profile
    • Skyraider's 3D Aviation Art
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 01:16:13 PM »
Thanks for the update and good luck with the changes.

Regarding translations, I personally don't think there's any need for translations to Dutch. Almost everyone in Holland speaks English at a pretty decent level (as hardy anybody else speaks Dutch) :)

Personally I would always read the original English version of an article, even if there was a Dutch translation (I am Dutch for those who don't know). Dutch isn't a great language for technical terminology I find (ship builders will disagree!), and nothing is worse than having all well-known English terminology literally translated! :))  So in all, in my opinion effort spent on translating to Dutch is better spent on other improvements.

Just my 2 Euro cents of course!  :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 01:20:09 PM by Skyraider3D »
Aviation art & photography @ www.skyraider3d.com
Prints & T-shirts available @ www.digitalaviationart.com

Offline mfg495

• By Day or Night
    • View Profile
    • AirRecce
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 01:32:52 PM »
Again No.1, thanks for keeping us informed

As samuraj77 states sounds like a good idea. I like the idea of a gallery area, I have seen some sites were they automatically add a water mark to each image uploaded.
I'm sorry that I cannot help with translating, its taken me nearly 50 years to understand English.  ;) and I'm still working on that.
Looking forward to the rebirth of LetLetLet  :-ok

« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 01:35:20 PM by mfg495 »

ΚΑΘΟΡΩΜΕΝ ΑΙΣΤΟΙ
(We Observe unseen)

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 02:45:48 PM »
Thank you friends- your comments are welcome.

Script for the galley will include watermark as well many other options. One of the option is to open images in the same window. So we need no language translations? All right. We will keep it in English only.

General outline of the LLL will be like this but many of changes still wait to be considered. Stay in touch and hope the rest will give their valuable input.

Offline Wingman81

• View Profile
    • Kilians Historical Aircraft Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 04:17:09 PM »
Nice idea with the new design. I must agree for the language. Most German people can understand at least english, except maybe some people of the older generation 60+ If i ever write something i can make it dual english/German should not be a problem.
How many spanish visitor you have? that would make maybe more sense to translate it. Some script to watermark photos would be a nice addition so we could publish more of our own collection not only in the forum.  :-clap

mfG
Wingman

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 04:35:26 PM »
Even now we can add an watermark but this will be automated. You have nice understand me about the main point and some feature and policy will bring out great number of archive images on the light.

Yes- we have a lot of visitor from Spain but not sure that we can arrange any to give language support. So in this way this will stay as it is, I think.

PV Chairman

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 11:55:54 PM »
Hello,

Well I guess these changes will be helpful, but I am sad by the comments -

"Me and some of you here, on my advice, have been supported few magazines article and book project. In reward we did not get thank you and no sample of publications."

Well the reason why you did not get a copy of my Mustang book is because it is not published yet!! so how can I send it to you? In it you will be credited and thanked very much, and of course - as agreed - you will get a copy when it is published, but I cannot send it before publication! That would be physically impossible.

Anyway you say -

"No excuse for anyone!"

Oh dear!!

Best wishes,

PV Chairman.

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 12:29:25 AM »
PV Chairman- I did not talk about you. You are4 the member here and this is other thing. Talk about many others who are not related at all with site and forum but did get a lot of material.

Idea of forum is to support members and help in their search. So this will not change. All clear now ;)

Offline javier_planells

• Beginner
  • "Words will always retain their power."
    • View Profile
    • The Modeling Underdog - A haven of bad taste for the faint hearted.
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 04:25:15 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm 100% that changes will make this site even better, so No.1, go for it. It'll be sad not to enter the site for a while but it'll be ok. After all, I never had a most heartly welcome on a forum than here, and I really appreciated that.

I won't go into detail about information, photos ans stuff given to authors but here in Argentina it is pretty common for such things to happen. And many times there is a fellow modeler involved in that "ripping off" of images kindly lent. I guess some people never learn...

Good luck with LLL's new facade, and I'll be around if anyone needs some help, my e-mail is in my profile.

Cheers,
Javier Planells
"Do you know what Nemesis means? It is a righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a horrible bastard, ME."

Letipapa

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 03:07:19 PM »
Just proceed with changes, it is ok, I support. Also, it will be nice if wattermark of LLL will automaticly protect our photos and works, and if somebody (out of our party) wants to use this in publication etc, that one should pay.
I hope on new site design the texst could be seen whole, because on this old one a letter or two at rught end, I allways can't read.
I like how new design looks, its OK.

Offline verner

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 02:12:52 AM »
You have a great site. If you think it needs changes, then so be it. I'm with you.

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 01:50:03 PM »
Friends- this is it! As soon I get time I will start total rebuild. This will be hard and will need time.

Thank you all :)

Offline Leo

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 05:23:50 PM »
 :-wise

This is a great website.  I am continually surprised by the depth and breadth of knowledge seen here.  No.! is a multi talented individual.  I back him 100%.
Leo

Offline Nico Braas

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 09:41:20 PM »
Looking forward to see the new layout! As already said earlier by one of our Dutch members: there is no need to translate text into Dutch (and I am also Dutch!).
I would prefer English as basic language!