Author Topic: Group builds  (Read 126009 times)

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
Re: Group builds
« Reply #150 on: July 11, 2011, 06:38:02 PM »
What is MV? So we have last two months free. One have to be for Dutch aircrafts and one Splinter Build?

MV=Military Vehicle.

Offline draken35

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 11, 2011, 08:19:54 PM »
Draken- why is SMT so important, as I know you have MiG-21? Any specific reason?

Yes mate, I own the Eduard MiG-21 SMT. But I don't understand your question...
As I've said, I will pass just because I have actually too many kits begun but not finished yet... I have to correct that situation, and more than that I want to participate to the CR42 and F-84 GB...

Profa

« Reply #152 on: July 11, 2011, 08:37:52 PM »
I'm also in CR.42, F-84 and MV group builds, moreover I would like to at least start my 3-in-1 P-40 set... :-blah
For other, I would first like to finish at least some of the models started (D.V, 2x S.XIII, Ni.17...) Too long list and too short time :-dal

Offline No.1

• Administrator and Owner
  • Administrator
  • Owner: www.letletlet-warplanes.com
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #153 on: July 11, 2011, 09:33:26 PM »
No problem mate, now I understand all. I know you are overload, just complete current build, we have time enough :)

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2011, 06:08:06 PM »
Here is an updated list as it stands right now.

July:           4 and 4+ Generation Jet Fighters, in progress.
August:       MiG 21
September: C.R. 42
October:     F-84 Family
November: ?
December: Armored Fighting Vehicles, with specific suggestion from draken for the Sherman tank in all its variety.

If I may make a suggestion--should we let November as an "open month" so that all the ongoing builds could have this extra time to be completed? It should be that we'll have good participation on all three upcoming builds and November would be a nice extra period to get them all done before the end of the year. Also, the AFV/MV build could be an open-ended thread like the Japan-Build so that we can contribute during a longer period. As always, comments and suggestions are welcome!

Scott

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2011, 06:14:51 PM »
Sound good to me. So it look like that I will buy some armor kit no matter that I am not interesting in subject? All right, if this is for forum benefit- I will!

Offline draken35

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 12, 2011, 06:35:54 PM »
Sounds good to me too! OK for an open-ended thread for AFV's.

Srecko: no obligation mate, but if you participate to the AFV GB, you will discover new and different techniques.

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 13, 2011, 12:37:52 AM »
Just thought I'd suggest a slight change of the order for our G.B. schedule. Since the MiG 21 for August hasn't begun, and it's almost the middle of the month, we might wish to reschedule this important machine for early next year. We can let the rest of the schedule carry on as listed earlier and allow the July build to continue.

While I'm on the subject of the Group Builds, does anyone have a lead for some 1/48 Dutch or Belgian F-84 decals? I've got two F models and a G and I would like to do something other than a USAF bird for at least one or more of them. Thanks in advance!

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #158 on: August 13, 2011, 12:46:28 AM »
I have Revell kit in 1/48 of F-84 and I can extract Dutch decals for you. Good suggestion for current Group Build (also suggestion not to propose anything if you can not work on it)

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 13, 2011, 01:31:57 AM »
Yup, but we do need to do a MiG 21 build sometime in the future. One of the most important and widely used fighters deserves our "Group" attention! :-ok This will give me time to acquire a better kit than the old IMC clunker I have here.

On the subject of the Mig 21, I almost talked another modeler (more of a collector, I should say) into selling me a 1/48 NeOmega F13 conversion but he decided to keep it.......... :-wall :-wall So close!

Offline draken35

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 13, 2011, 02:55:27 PM »
Just thought I'd suggest a slight change of the order for our G.B. schedule. Since the MiG 21 for August hasn't begun, and it's almost the middle of the month, we might wish to reschedule this important machine for early next year. We can let the rest of the schedule carry on as listed earlier and allow the July build to continue.

While I'm on the subject of the Group Builds, does anyone have a lead for some 1/48 Dutch or Belgian F-84 decals? I've got two F models and a G and I would like to do something other than a USAF bird for at least one or more of them. Thanks in advance!

For F-84F Thunderstreak, DACO produces excellent decals for Belgian aircrafts, and sufficient sheets to make bare metal/Nato camo/Vietnam camo schemes.:
http://ultra.glo.be/daco/
On the home page, click above on "DAco decals"; then on the left on "Thunderstreak decals" (old decals and new decals)
I own the decals for the Vietnam camo version of the F-84F.

For the Thunderjet, I only know the decal sheet I presented here:
http://www.letletlet-warplanes.com/forum/off-road/my-new-acquisition%28s%29/240/
Hope you can find this one in the USA...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 02:59:29 PM by draken35 »

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 13, 2011, 09:03:42 PM »
My mouth is watering after going to the DACO website, Daniel........what a beautiful collection of decal sheets. Not only are the aircraft sets fantastic but the letter/numeral sheets are a great thing.

As for the Cutting Edge sheet, I've been through my local shop's discontinued decal bin and had no luck. He has stock of some Cutting Edge products but it seems I am too late for this sheet. I'll keep looking, though.

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 26, 2011, 11:47:18 PM »
I've ordered up a Weekend Edition Eduard MiG-21 so I'll be ready for a GB whenever we can schedule it this winter!!! :-ok And I was wanting to build an East German version anyway so everything fits my needs.

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #163 on: August 28, 2011, 01:23:42 PM »
Why not, from 2012 this could be possible. And in few days start... ?

Profa

« Reply #164 on: August 28, 2011, 02:01:59 PM »
My Falcos are ready, just waiting for the starting gun :-ok