Author Topic: Group builds  (Read 125816 times)

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
Re: Group builds
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2011, 05:20:15 PM »
Strongly agree on this, hope that by then I'm going to finish ongoing projects and clear the table for these two :-jump

We could use your schedule as a starting point for the Falco Build, Profa. When you're ready, I'm ready! :-wave

For this build I'm gently leaning toward one of the various Hungarian schemes or perhaps a Swedish winter scheme.

Offline No.1

• Administrator and Owner
  • Administrator
  • Owner: www.letletlet-warplanes.com
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2011, 05:32:46 PM »
Draken say September so this could be date?

Profa

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2011, 05:39:52 PM »
Agree on September :-ok
Only thing is, Draken said it would suit him not before September - shall we wait for his announcement, since for me ± one month is all the same, and it might make difference to him... Draken, waiting for your call :-razz but we could nevertheless change schedule whenever we please... it's not that we're bound to calendar or something... ;)

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2011, 06:10:47 PM »
I totally agree--the schedule can be whatever works the best for the most builders.

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2011, 10:23:33 AM »
Friends,

I am sure that we all follow all sad info which coming from Japan. How about to dedicated May to the model build of the aircrafts with Japanese markings? Any type, any age, with Japan insignia?

Cheers :-wave

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2011, 03:20:39 PM »
That sounds like a good idea. Count me in for something, either another restoration or a new-build depending on what I can find in my storage.

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2011, 03:31:53 PM »
I have few kits in my collection and no problem to build them. Also- we can even start for example this week and continue this dedicated Group Build until the end of May. As well circumstances are special maybe no need to hold strictly to the specific month.

;)

samuraj77

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2011, 08:21:18 PM »
That is very nice thought...
 :-love
I like the idea

Offline draken35

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2011, 08:27:40 AM »
Hi mates,

Sorry if I answer so lately, I completely missed this thread...  :-red :-red :-red :-red :-red

For the CR42 group, september will be most reasonable for me because before that, I have to finish:

- my DH2 as soon as possible - Hope for may
- my Spad VII for the 30th of august (participating to a French forum group build) and probably for that time another biplane aircraft (Pfalz D.IIIa)

And I have to begin, for review:

- MustHave! Curtiss Mohawk 1/48
- Retrowings Skyhawk 1/144

Plus give a good end to all the kits I've begun and that are waiting on my stash...

The others GB that are interresting me amongst those cited here:

- Me 262 (I own the tiny but splendid 1/144th scale Trumpeter kit)
- Rafale M (1/144th Revell)
- Fokker D.VII (1/48th Eduard)
- Dewoitine 501 (1/48th Hi-Tech)

Other aircrafts that are interresting me for a group build:
- Albatros family (D.II to D.V)
- Roland C.II
- Saab Draken
- Saab Gripen
- some "What-if 1946"

Of course, it's OK for me the possibility to restore old kits...

That is said for the aircrafts. But why not to organize such a group build for the "Ground forces": will there be someone interrested? The first Ground Force GB could take place also in september...

« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 08:29:23 AM by draken35 »

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2011, 08:47:19 AM »
Your plans sound interesting and right now I am capable to join this proposed builds:

Skyhawk
Me 262
Fokker D.VII
Dewoitine 501
Albatros family

For Ground Forces will be everything possible with more active members and this is other story...

Offline draken35

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2011, 08:57:10 AM »
Your plans sound interesting and right now I am capable to join this proposed builds:

Skyhawk
Me 262
Fokker D.VII
Dewoitine 501
Albatros family

For Ground Forces will be everything possible with more active members and this is other story...

Don't forget your CR42...
The Skyhawk of Retrowings can be build in a group build of course, and be the subject of an article for the site. But in such a case, that group build must take place as soon as possible (june?). Not a problem for me in the present case because a 1/144th should be a quick build.

I like also your proposal for a Japanese group build, but for may I will not have time to participate (and don't own Japanese aircraft on my stash)

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2011, 09:04:26 AM »
Off course, Cr.42 will be there too. Pity for Group Build for Japan... at least I will start this topic and hope somebody will join to me

Profa

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2011, 09:37:45 AM »
Unfortunatelly with all the kits waiting for finish I don't intend to start another one until at least some are cleared from "in-progress" into the "finished" "box"... Therefore no room for Japan, although would gladly build pair of Zeros, Hasegawa 1/72 and Academy 1/144.
As for group builds, I agree on that but would suggest that we start towards the end of the year (after Falco). For that I plan simultaneous Italian triple-build: AS 42 Sahariana, ABM 42 and Autoblinda AB 43, all of them Italeri 1/72 :)

Offline draken35

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2011, 10:16:21 AM »
I will try to participate for the Japanese Group Build, but only if I can find a 1/144th kit... Bigger kit would ask for more time to be build, and that is my actual problem: time...

For the Ground Forces, the first GB can be a "wheeled" vehicles, any period...

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2011, 04:35:07 PM »
I like the Ground Forces idea also. I may have to do a restoration for the first project there as my supply of MVs is pretty slim (and I'm not ready to start on that bomb truck just yet).

As far as the Japan-Build, why don't we let that be an "open-ended" thread as Srecko mentioned earlier. That way everyone who wants to contribute, but doesn't have room on the bench now, can do so later.

September is great for me and the Falco. I am in for the Me 262 also as I have both a Monogram and Tamiya 1/48 version.