Author Topic: Group builds  (Read 125866 times)

Profa

Re: Group builds
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 07:23:03 AM »
No.1 is right - don't worry about my interests, as I don't worry about yours or others'...
I'll just join to GBs I'd like, you to the ones you're more in, and that's it ;), and each of us shall follow with interest others' work :-ok

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 04:11:35 PM »
Yes, I agree. We can use the group projects as a fun way to "compete" with each other in a fun, relaxing way with no pressure.

Sall, do as I did with the SBD build--pick a subject and offer it up as a Group Build thread. If we end up with ten modelers in the project or only one it will still be of interest to all, if only to watch. In theory we could have two or three groups going at once that appealed to a couple of us in each variety of aircraft being modeled.

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 04:03:26 PM »
We've all been busy lately, so I'll ask now--- Has anyone decided for certain on the subject for the next Group Build? I'm just curious what April holds in store. ;)

Offline No.1

• Administrator and Owner
  • Administrator
  • Owner: www.letletlet-warplanes.com
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 04:09:31 PM »
As I know this have to be Vought F4U Corsair...

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 05:41:21 PM »
I thought that might be the one but decided to check. A good choice, especially since draken35 has his shiny new F4U-7!

I have a question to pose to all who might be in this Group Build--do you mind if I restore an old model rather than a new project? I have a couple of Corsairs that were damaged during one of our moves and they've been rotting in a box for many years. My plan would be to completely disassemble and strip the paint from one of my old Otaki kits and renew it using new methods. Opinions are welcome!

Scott

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 07:35:16 PM »
Good question! All group build in general state work on brand new kit (not assembled) but as well you are working in real life on restorations, maybe the restoring could be accepted for build. Lets see what other members think, I am sure that their input would be valuable.

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, 07:42:04 PM »
I agree, everyone should put forth their feelings on the idea.

Maybe, rather than doing the restoration in a normal Group project, we could someday do a "Group Restoration/Rebuild" of any finished model that we want to redo, regardless of type.

Scott

Profa

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011, 09:55:03 PM »
I don't mind restoration in the GB project :-think - anyway you're going to start from almost zero, or have even worse situation - first you'd have to disassemble and clean, and only then start anew... As you do the same in the real life, this I would accept as your best show of the trade ;)
I myself have bigger problem - all of my models are stuck in big boxes down in the cellar, and I don't (didn't :-wall) have any intention of rummaging through it... If you persuade me strong enough, F4Us and D.VIIs are going to see light of the day much earlier than planned :-roll

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2011, 06:12:27 AM »
 :) :-clap Profa, my kits are in boxes in my toolshed. I know what you are saying when you talk about rummaging through them! Thank goodness my wife told me to mark all the moving boxes so I have some idea of which ones to cut open when I need something........ :-roll

When I do refinish the Corsair it'll be a good learning/teaching experience on paint stripping, disassembly, canopy repair and on and on.

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2011, 07:08:13 PM »
So who will start with Corsair group build?

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2011, 07:29:05 PM »
Mine's done! :-jump :-jump :-jump
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w117/2AF/IMG_6631.jpg
Group builds

and:
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w117/2AF/IMG_6632.jpg
Group builds

APRIL FOOL  :-blah

I can start the thread if y'all are good with my "restoration" project.
Scott

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2011, 07:36:55 PM »
No problem about the restoring, idea is good and very rare so go ahead :))

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2011, 04:23:41 PM »
I'd like to suggest a CR.42 group project for later this year. Draken and I just acquired kits and Profa is interested. Perhaps we should plan this for the summer or fall months to give everyone time to arrange the time and materials. With enough warning maybe we can get a larger participation on this project and there are certainly many, many interesting nationalities and paint schemes so that we won't duplicate.

Profa

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2011, 04:45:00 PM »
Strongly agree on this, hope that by then I'm going to finish ongoing projects and clear the table for these two :-jump

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2011, 04:53:28 PM »
I am in ;)