Author Topic: Viggen coming  (Read 8214 times)

Offline No.1

• Administrator and Owner
  • Administrator
  • Owner: www.letletlet-warplanes.com
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
Viggen coming
« on: August 27, 2013, 03:22:28 PM »
Stockholm, August 27th, 2013

As previously announced, Tarangus will release a new mould Saab Viggen in 1/48 scale during late September. This is the third 1/48 kit from Tarangus and the fourth overall. This is the first time that Tarangus will release a kit using only metal moulds.

- Metal moulds allow much larger series and even further improved detail, says Fredrik Zetterberg of Tarangus. The Viggen is truly a kit which only deserves the best mould technology. It's such a complex and complicated aircraft!

- Our previous kits have been very well received, adds Max Nykvist, the other half of Tarangus. Swedish subjects have been quite rare, but there is definetely a huge interest in the Swedish Air Force and especially the Saab aircraft.

The first version to be released is the fighter, the Saab JA 37 Viggen. 

- We will, together with our partner MPM, release all versions of the Viggen. Tarangus will first release the JA 37 fighter version and then MPM will release their versions some time next year, says Max Nykvist. Then we will release our last versions, the reconnassaince SH/SF 37 Viggen. 

The markings for the first versions of the Viggen will be one gray aircraft, one in natural metal finish and one in the famous splinter camoflage. 

- Apart from just releasing the kit itself, continues Fredrik Zetterberg, we will also have a reference gallery and a list of all JA 37 Viggens ever produced, with links to images, on our website. Even though the JA 37 Viggen only served in the Swedish air force, it had more color schemes and markings during its service than even I was aware of!     

About Tarangus

Tarangus was founded in 2009 by Fredrik Zetterberg, a sales professional with a modelling and aviation passion, and Max Nykvist, founder and owner of Rebell Hobby and Maestro Models. Tarangus is focused on subjects with a history in the Swedish Air Force. The first kit released was the Saab A 32A Lansen in 1/48 scale. Tarangus kits can now be found in hobby shops worldwide. Tarangus also has an active community on Facebook and a website which not only covers the kits, but also accessories to the kits from other manufacturers. There are also reference galleries and updated instructions. Tarangus aims at being the number one choice for modellers worldwide who are interested in Swedish subjects.

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
Re: Viggen coming
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 03:28:35 PM »
This is good news!

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 03:34:14 PM »
I prefer much their kits and I am sure this will be great product!

Offline Nico Braas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 05:08:42 PM »
Guess it will be a perfection of that old Esci kit. I still have it here unbuilt.
Camouflage of Viggen is greatest challenge! At least we have a nice example at Aviodrome Museum at Lelystad airport.

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 05:26:27 PM »
I built one of the ESCI kits many years ago but I gave it to a friend who had worked around them. I don't exactly remember how I accomplished the camouflage but it was time consuming!

Offline Ernie

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 06:23:32 PM »
WHoo Hooo, this should be good!!!! I will be looking at pre-ordering one of these in a couple of weeks so hopefully I will be able to get one! I am looking forward to doing the splinter camo! :))

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 07:29:21 PM »
I am also wait for this one and 'fields and meadow' scheme will be great challenge! Interesting detail-originally Viggen's are delivered in bare metal and then painted in the units as well it was cost less then to be painted in factory ;)

Offline Ernie

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 07:40:32 PM »
Interesting, I did not know that  :-ok
Ernie

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 07:47:48 PM »
I read this in one issue of World Air Power Journal ;)

Offline Tweety

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 08:23:29 AM »
38 is the best  :-jump :-jump :-jump