Let Let Let - Warplanes > Aircraft Modeling

Some modeling techniques

<< < (15/18) > >>

GregM:
I'm not big into weathering but here is one technique I tried last year for paint chipping. 

You start with a base coat of silver to replicate the bare aluminum that will show through.

Some modeling techniques

You then apply a small amount of water in the areas that you want your paint chips.  Using household table salt and the water to hold it, apply the salt and water in the areas and shapes that you want your paint chips.  Allow it to dry thoroughly overnight.

Some modeling techniques

After it's dry then paint your color coat(s).  When those are thoroughly dry then go back and pop off all the salt that's now under the paint.  When you pop the salt off you'll expose the silver underneath.

Some modeling techniques

Some modeling techniques

No.1:
Nice :-ok Last days I think about making post of chipping method and in followings days I will arrange this :))

Sall:
 :-clap :-ok

Second Air Force:
A little thing to add to the painting tips, really not important but handy to do: When I was getting ready to mottle the sides of the Me-262 this morning I decided to use another partially-built kit to set up my airbrush correctly and to practice a bit before painting the "important" model. Not much of a tip, but the practice does get one's mind in the right place for spraying mottled camouflage!
Some modeling techniques

No.1:
:-ok

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version