Author Topic: Mig 15  (Read 24909 times)

Offline modellius

• View Profile
Mig 15
« on: November 02, 2021, 09:32:40 AM »
Well I'm stuck with my F 104. The tamiya paint remover is so good that it resolves the glue as well so many parts fell off, I glued them back again, then surfacer and discovered a lot of damage after removing the paint, fix some of them but I just can't look at it anymore, for a while at least....

So I needed a relax project. Some time I'm thinking of making this diorama, last year I went to the Duna?jv?ros ( Hungary ) sport airfield, near the main entrance there is a Mig -15 of Hungary AF on pole with a monument under it remembering the lost aviators during the years.

The kit I choose is Hobby 2000 ( the kit in box is actually Bronco ) no fancy updates only few wires here and there, the painting will be fun.

As a first step here are the pictures I had taken and the whole thing should look something like this

Offline modellius

• View Profile
Re: Mig 15
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 09:33:24 AM »
Part two

Offline modellius

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 09:34:07 AM »
Part three

Offline modellius

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2021, 09:35:16 AM »
part four

Offline modellius

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2021, 09:35:57 AM »
part five

Offline No.1

• Administrator and Owner
  • Administrator
  • Owner: www.letletlet-warplanes.com
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2021, 10:13:27 AM »
Very good background!!!

Offline modellius

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2021, 01:17:41 PM »
Thank you mate ! I like to build models with some story

First step, assembly of wings, the fit is perfect, even I closed the air brakes, no putty needed at all ! It is relaxing hope the rest of the model will follow this manner....

And yes, counting rivets.......

Offline modellius

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2021, 02:15:02 PM »
I'm stuck in a moment.... The Mig does not have a seat in the cockpit ( the real ) and I could not find any picture or drawing or anything actually of cockpit area behind the seat, so if anybody has anything and willing to share it it would help !

In the meantime to take advantage of my enthusiasm and will I decided to make the pole, or at least start it. It's full scratch build with Evergreen styrene, the screw heads are made with an excellent hexagonal punch and die tool made by RP Toolz. The welding is Tamiya putty formed with tooth stick. Hope you like it...

P.S. My neighbor is a fan of my hobby  :-green and he provided the steel rod for add stability and secure from future transportation damage to the pole, not just the pole, the whole model

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2021, 05:17:43 PM »
Nothing impossible on holly forum :)) extracts from MiG-15 manual...

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2021, 05:18:23 PM »
And some photos of preserved sample :-ok

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2021, 05:28:08 PM »
And few more photos, one from Russian restoration facility, archive photo of seat and rest is from Stupino Museum.

Offline modellius

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2021, 08:54:57 AM »
Thank you my friend !

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2021, 08:59:10 AM »
Oooppsss... I was tired yesterday, I read just seat, somehow miss- area behind seat. Sorry, will take a look later what is available :(

Offline modellius

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2021, 09:00:50 AM »
Not a problem mate. This is good starting point, anything more is bonus !

Offline modellius

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2021, 03:15:01 AM »
 A bit of progress. The instrument panel is well, I can't find the proper words and stay decent.... However, the decal provided as instrument panel was great for start point for my work, as seen on the pictures of the real plane a lot of installation and the ejection seat is missing so I think all the instruments of the cockpit were taken out; so I used the decal to point the instruments and then make an empty instrument panel. On the sides of the cockpit all the electronics are taken out so I had to drill holes for missing panels. However this made a problem, the intake channel is part of cockpit so I had to make a styreen backside to prevent the light come thru the holes, painted it black to make deepness. With dry-fitting of the fuselage I could see the interior of the fuselage, first I thought painting it black would be enough but the fitting pins of the fuselage and cockpit would still be visible so I made some intake channel imitation to hide this parts. Not fitted and putty perfectly I know but it would do.... And some work on the fuselage