Author Topic: Late war Bf109  (Read 69938 times)

Offline No.1

• Administrator and Owner
  • Administrator
  • Owner: www.letletlet-warplanes.com
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
Re: Late war Bf109
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2010, 11:18:08 PM »
For some time I will put on side this build until I solve the problem with the number '5'. Next one is started, basic Revell 1/72 kit and in this moment I am not sure which one will be b uilt, conversion into the night version or to make G-14 version.

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2010, 02:22:54 AM »
For some time I will put on side this build until I solve the problem with the number '5'.

No.1,

Have you given thought to cutting your own "5" from sheet decal stock? I have done so on several models with good success. I simply copy the size and style of number I wish to duplicate on my copier. Then I carefully tape the printed figure (on plain paper) onto a piece of the correct color decal sheet and VERY carefully cut the shape onto the decal sheet with a new X-acto knife blade. The grey in your numeral would be cut from grey sheet in the same manner and applied over the white like a lamination. It is a bit tedious, but the results can be excellent with some practice.

Scott

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2010, 08:22:07 AM »
I know for that but... I live in Serbia and it is hard to get it here. I have consider to search for the decals manufacturer including of the plain sheet one. Your point is so good :-ok Thank you!!

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2010, 06:35:40 PM »
Hmmm.... :-think I had forgotten the supply issue!

Another possibility would be to make masks and spray the two colors. And another: if you had some clear decal sheet the colors could be painted onto the clear and then cut out with the templates. Just a couple of thoughts....

The Luftwaffe used interesting numerals but they can be VERY difficult for us modelers to copy!!!

Scott

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2010, 09:31:19 AM »
I work like that before but... I did not do that for a long time so my skill is not under level for this task :(

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2010, 06:48:12 PM »
No.1,

Give me a measurement of the height of the "5" and I'll go through my (very old :-wise) decal collection. I don't know if I have anything there that would help but will be glad to search. I HATE having a model nearly finished but lacking one item.............

Scott

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2010, 07:03:55 PM »
Our friend from France was faster- he send me sample numbers! Thank you for offer, hope next time and I also hope that I could be able to do something for you :-flo

Best at all is that there is nose emblem and I will hand paint it, it have nice owl on it :))

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2010, 07:36:13 PM »
Excellent news on the numerals!

I've been mostly inactive with my modeling hobby for the past few years, but seeing people help each other out with things like this is one of the wonderful aspects of scale modelers.

S

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2010, 07:44:24 PM »
Thank you :-flo

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2010, 06:03:50 PM »
Thanks to our friend Jicehen who have send me numbers,  am able now to continue work  :-tri Thank you Jicehen  :-flo :-ok

Letipapa

« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2010, 01:09:48 PM »
Great! :-ok :-clap :-clap :-clap

I am surprised that number is in fact green with white outline - I was sure looking the photo, that it is blue and if the photo was the only source, I would never guess it is green. One must now everything about airplane to make a model (this of course I am talking to myself :) :-smey)

This serial of late Me 109s deserves to be photographed all in a row. ;) :) :-clap :-clap :-clap :-wave

samuraj77

« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2010, 03:34:30 PM »
Very nice work and inteesting sample  :-ok

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2010, 05:59:46 PM »
Great! :-ok :-clap :-clap :-clap

I am surprised that number is in fact green with white outline - I was sure looking the photo, that it is blue and if the photo was the only source, I would never guess it is green. One must now everything about airplane to make a model (this of course I am talking to myself :) :-smey)

I also see like that but our friend Jicehen, who was photographer for a whole life and expert for German camouflage, for sure know beter why there is green. This is very interesting machine at all :))

This serial of late Me 109s deserves to be photographed all in a row. ;) :) :-clap :-clap :-clap :-wave

Letipapa

« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2010, 10:34:46 AM »
Yes! :-obey
The model looks very dark and serious - real night intruder ;) :-clap :-clap :-clap :-wave

Offline Jicehem

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2010, 11:23:38 PM »
Hi mates,  :-salut

When the photo of this plane was published, the caption said "green 5". I thought "blue 5" and in consequence I wrote to the owner of the photo and he ascertained me the original "5" on the slide IS actually green...

Cheers,

Jicehem  :-wave :-wave