Author Topic: Resin Models  (Read 5158 times)

Offline Wingman81

• View Profile
    • Kilians Historical Aircraft Blog
Resin Models
« on: December 22, 2007, 02:42:55 PM »
What is a resin model ? Is this premanufactured so you only have to paint it?
This page made me interested:
http://www.modelbud.pl/

samuraj77

Re: Resin Models
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 03:53:45 PM »
http://www.letletlet-warplanes.com/forum/index.php?topic=668.0
This is a resin model.It is not premanufactured,it depends on a manufacturer and tools he used for moulding a model

Offline No.1

• Administrator and Owner
  • Administrator
  • Owner: www.letletlet-warplanes.com
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 04:08:22 PM »
Resin model are in general small series or home made and manufactured models. While the plastic injection present styrene plastic injected in steel molds, in the resin we have mix two part urethane resin and then pour into the silicone mold. Off course, this mold are made of two parts silicone but also there is two part urethane for molds.

But many manufactureres use this method for making detail sets.

PV Chairman

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 02:47:56 AM »
I make masters and also do some resin casting for Matador Models in the UK, this is mainly armoured fighting vehicles but I also cast aircraft hardstandings in resin for them. Number 1's description of the process is corrent, but you have to be careful handling the resin because it is not very nice if you inhale the fumes.

I just cast today a set of aircraft seats in 1/72 scale for a project that I am working on, I made the masters, produced a rubber mould using the masters and them poured the resin into it. They look OK, I wish I had more time to concentrate on this work, it is very interesting and you can make many copies of your work using the same mould dozens of times.

PV Chairman.