Let Let Let - Warplanes > Aircraft Modeling

HOW TO: Natural Metal Finishes

<< < (4/23) > >>

No.1:
Thank you mate ;) I hope that I will soon have one plastic kit where I will demonstrate my way of metal finishes and add it to this subject.

Second Air Force:
Letipapa,

Here is a completed model (Horace Carswell's B-24J) that I used foil, Testors Metalizer, and Alclad on.

The largest portion of the model is BareMetal Foil. The variation in panel shading is done by applying the foil with the grain in different directions. The vertical fins and many of the other compound curves are done with the spray-on products, using different shades for the variation. For example, the cowlings are entirely Testors Aluminum Plate but the nacelles are a combination of foil and paint. The wing trailing edge panels are also primariy painted on.

Scott

No.1:
Scott- did you ever take a part in any model competition with this nice build metal kits? They are fascinating looking :-clap

Second Air Force:
I actually built that B-24 for part of a group project for the IPMS Nationals in Dallas, Texas a number of years ago. Our group built models of aircraft in which crewmen earned the Medal Of Honor. I've shown some of my airplane models over the years, including the vacuform F-89. The funny thing about the F-89 was that I finished it just before Monogram/Revell released their 1/48th Scorpion kit! :-bat

I used to show superdetailed NASCAR stock car models on a national level back in the 1990s but I've retired from that side of the hobby and come back to aircraft modeling in the past seven or eight years.

Unfortunately I never get much modeling done! :-/

Scott

No.1:
Windshield frame done in metal foil or SNJ? It look very realistic :-ok

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version