Author Topic: Fokker D.VII Group build  (Read 131240 times)

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
Re: Fokker D.VII Group build
« Reply #195 on: June 22, 2011, 06:41:14 PM »
Today I played scratchbuilding a little - Aldis gunsight is made of syringe, as are gun tubes... Christ, what a job to cut those little pieces and try to keep'em on the table at the same time :-wall Actually I've cut 4 but have found only 2.

That brings up one of "Murphy's Laws"--often I scratchbuild something and then lose it. The second copy always goes together faster but is never the same quality as the first..... :-roll

Great job, everyone!!!!!

Offline Sall

• Build what YOU want,the way YOU want to,and above all-have fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 23, 2011, 12:59:59 AM »
Really nice scratchbuild.Everything is so small!! :-clap :-clap
I agree with Scott.Always is like he said. :-roll

Profa

« Reply #197 on: June 24, 2011, 01:32:17 PM »
A little woodwork :-joke
Both propellers were given a base coat of Vallejo Flat Flesh.
On Axial it was followed by Vallejo Smoke, to make a lighter wooden texture (1st pic), then a light coat of gloss to protect surface. Next was careful masking (pics 2-4), and painting of darker shade using Humbrol 10 Brown - pics 5-6 show it before and after taking the mask off. :-tri
Garuda received just a light coat of Precision RLM 26, I wanted to obtain reddish hue...

Offline No.1

• Administrator and Owner
  • Administrator
  • Owner: www.letletlet-warplanes.com
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #198 on: June 24, 2011, 01:33:48 PM »
This is great and no doubt not easy to cover and protect with tape that narrow and curved object!

Offline Sall

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 24, 2011, 01:47:43 PM »
Crazy work! :-clap :-clap

Offline draken35

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 24, 2011, 05:41:24 PM »
Nice!!!

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 24, 2011, 06:08:37 PM »
Beautiful lamination!

Offline draken35

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 26, 2011, 07:12:20 PM »
Still busy with rib tapes...

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #203 on: June 26, 2011, 07:13:49 PM »
Very precise work as I can see!

Offline draken35

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 26, 2011, 07:26:57 PM »
I would have loved that ther was enoughblue ribs on the Eduard decal sheet... At the exact dimension, would have avoided a long work of measurement, and problems with Americal ribs, that are... Well... let say they have their own character... ;)

Offline Sall

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 26, 2011, 08:09:14 PM »
Good work Daniel! ;)

Offline draken35

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 26, 2011, 08:11:30 PM »
Thank you Sall!

Profa

« Reply #207 on: June 27, 2011, 10:26:48 AM »
Nice work, Daniel :-ok, and I find it strange that Eduard didn't give enough of rib tapes :-dal

From my side, there was some work yesterday - the mount of upper wing was pretty straightforward: first I mounted interplane struts onto the lower wing and checked the angle with my »eyeball sight Mk.I« :-eek. Then everything was attached to upper wing, using the jig of old coins to set wings parallel.
Checking cabane struts, I faced strange problem – verticals are longer, V-shaped strut has wrong angle, its front leg is too long while rear is too short :-dal... I suppose that actually interplane struts were just a little too short... However, some surgery is needed to put everything into correct position :-think

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #208 on: June 27, 2011, 10:28:53 AM »
Complex job for that scale!! Nicely done :-ok

Offline draken35

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 27, 2011, 10:53:50 AM »
Nice work, Daniel :-ok, and I find it strange that Eduard didn't give enough of rib tapes :-dal

From my side, there was some work yesterday - the mount of upper wing was pretty straightforward: first I mounted interplane struts onto the lower wing and checked the angle with my »eyeball sight Mk.I« :-eek. Then everything was attached to upper wing, using the jig of old coins to set wings parallel.
Checking cabane struts, I faced strange problem – verticals are longer, V-shaped strut has wrong angle, its front leg is too long while rear is too short :-dal... I suppose that actually interplane struts were just a little too short... However, some surgery is needed to put everything into correct position :-think

Thank you Profa! Well, for Eduard ribs it seems paradoxal to say that ther is enough ribs but in the same time there is not enough...
But to explain more clearly, see the boxart of Eduard Dual Combo box: ribs are also present on the chord of the wings, ailerons (see my first photo here)... Eduard privided some ribs in supplement, but not enough to do the chord of an entire aircraft. Supplement of ribs sounds more present in case of some accident with the "normal" ones.

Strange problems you have encountered. I just hope you will not have too much difficulties to correct them. Your work is excellent...

For myself, I continue to place Americal ribs. And I HATE them! There are breakable, difficult to place but easy to go away... Anyway I have no choice, there are the only ribs I own in sufficient quantity for my kit...