Author Topic: F-106 Delta Dart  (Read 82856 times)

Offline Sall

• Build what YOU want,the way YOU want to,and above all-have fun!
    • View Profile
Re: F-106 Delta Dart
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2011, 09:42:10 PM »
This model is very detailed,and you have done great job. :-clap :-clap :-clap

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2011, 09:16:42 AM »
The halves are joined together, but I needed three hands to get it done. The fuselage segments fit really, really tightly over the wing but leave some gaps on the forward and aft sections. It's nothing that patience and planning can't overcome, but something to look out for if you ever build one of these kits. The seams close up pretty well so long as you keep them lined up while the glue cures. I used a combination of CA and regular adhesive to get everything joined up.
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w117/2AF/IMG_6615.jpg
F-106 Delta Dart

Now the intakes must be pre-painted with ADC grey paint (I forgot that detail.... :-roll) prior to assembling them to the airframe.

Offline No.1

• Administrator and Owner
  • Administrator
  • Owner: www.letletlet-warplanes.com
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2011, 09:28:11 AM »
Well, about the details you know better, from my point of view this look so nice :-ok

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2011, 08:59:10 AM »
Today's installment is glueing the intakes onto the fuselage. They don't fit perfectly so require a good bit of filling and sanding. The top portion of the intakes and the refueling receptacle all come together on the spine and this requires a bit of right-angle sanding. The wing joins the bottom of the intakes and also requires some frustrating filling. This went on for most of the evening....... :-wall I'll prime it tomorrow morning to see if my problems are solved.
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w117/2AF/IMG_6617.jpg
F-106 Delta Dart

Letipapa

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2011, 10:39:41 PM »
Filling and sanding, and filling and sanding... that is what I am doing to this days. Painful but necessary job :( :) :-wave

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2011, 10:42:40 PM »
Filling and sanding, and filling and sanding... that is what I am doing to this days. Painful but necessary job :( :) :-wave

Any plans to complete something?

Letipapa

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2011, 10:47:43 PM »
Look, I somehow started to continue with that Ju-188. I re scribed it, as you know, but on some places it was shallow and after filling and sanding some lines and circles became very hard visible. So, again, and again... but I am going to do it until it becomes wright. :)
I'm just thinking to post some photos (nothing special), just to reactivate the theme. ;) :-wave

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2011, 10:49:50 PM »
No problem at all. Do as you want

Letipapa

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2011, 11:01:07 PM »
Unblievible - I didn't put taht Ju-188 build here at all :-eek :-eek, and I thought I did. (in fact it was on Burek forum). I am completely lost :-eek :-help :-green
Scott, sorry for this off-topic. :-wave

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2011, 11:03:43 PM »
No problem and don't bother your self about your build or any other.

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2011, 07:25:34 AM »
Yes, don't worry about hijacking, and I see you started the new thread for the Ju 188, Letipapa! Great looking airplane, in my opinion, but I have a soft spot for all bombers! We will follow your progress.

Filling and sanding multiple times can sometimes be boring but the end result is always worth the work. A perfect surface is extremely important on this F-106 since it will be in a very shiny Air Defense Command grey scheme. The 49th FIS kept their airplanes very clean and detailed right up to the time they flew them to Davis Monthan for storage. Mike, the friend who was crew chief on my subject, has mentioned how he and his crew wiped the airplane down and washed it from time to time.

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2011, 08:22:29 AM »
Just a little update on the Dart. All of the filling/sanding/filling/sanding/priming is done now and it's ready for the ADC grey paint. Unfortunately, I paint in my garage and the wind has been VERY strong all weekend and won't calm down until later this week. Even with everything swept and clean and the door closed, dust still gets into the air inside the "paint booth" when the wind blows hard. So.......both the F-106 and Corsair will have to wait a few days for calmer air. Maybe I'll do something to the airplane in the background of this shot while I wait.... :-think
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w117/2AF/IMG_6660.jpg
F-106 Delta Dart

Scott

Offline No.1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2011, 01:54:57 PM »
Full desk of work!!!

Offline Sall

• Build what YOU want,the way YOU want to,and above all-have fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2011, 02:28:21 PM »
I can't wait continue of this work!

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2011, 08:38:32 PM »
This morning I shot the underside paint on the Dart. This model has so much surface area that I decided it would be easier to paint it in two sessions, first the bottom, then the top. Perhaps by Sunday it'll be cured enough to shoot the upper surfaces. I must first fit the windscreen assembly so I can correct any fit issues.
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w117/2AF/IMG_6680.jpg
F-106 Delta Dart