Author Topic: Curtiss F11C-2 Goshawk  (Read 5055 times)

Offline Jicehem

• View Profile
Curtiss F11C-2 Goshawk
« on: May 01, 2017, 08:17:17 PM »
Hi  :-salut :-salut :-salut

This Lindberg kit has been edited in the years 1956-1960. The represented plane is Curtiss F11C-2, BuNo 9282, allocated to VF-1 on USS Saratoga in 1933. The livery is from "Yellow Wings" decal sheet Company. The operational markings are red tailplane for the aircraft-carrier USS Saratoga, lemon yellow (engine cowling, chevron on the wing and the band on fuselage) for the last three planes of the squadron ie 1-F-16, 17 and 18. At that time, the metallic parts are painted a gloss light gray and the fabric covered fuselage and wings are painted with varnish completed by some aluminum dope.
I added sreader bars into the rigs and control wires for horizontal tailplane and tailwheel. I added too streamling bumps on fuselage sides in connexion with the breeches of the machine-guns the barrels of which go through the cylinders... I added also spark plug cables on the front of the engine. Wheels, a little bit small, saw their diameter increased by cementing a strip of plastic 0,5 mm thick around the tires, then, by filling and filing, I restored the good shape of the tires. The wheel rims were accordingly enlarged. Naturally, the housing of these wheels was also enlarged.”

Close-up on the engine where we see the barrels muzzles between the cylinders and close up on control cables of the tailwheel and the horizontal tailplane :

Jicéhem  :-wave :-wave :-wave

Offline No.1

• Administrator and Owner
  • Administrator
  • Owner: www.letletlet-warplanes.com
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
Re: Curtiss F11C-2 Goshawk
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 08:34:11 PM »
Old school work, I like it much  :-love

Offline draken35

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 08:45:46 PM »
Well done! :-ok

Offline Second Air Force

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 01:50:12 AM »
Beautiful Curtiss, mate!!! These between-the-wars Navy machines are some of the best looking airplanes the U.S. ever used.

Offline modellius

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 09:42:13 AM »
Like it a lot !