Let Let Let - Warplanes > Ground Forces

Something New (and Old) VW Sedan

<< < (2/39) > >>

No.1:
Hahaha- have I ever start project and keep it on hold? I can feel entire big web site with such projects  :-wall :-wall :-wall

draken35:

--- Quote from: No.1 on May 07, 2017, 05:50:04 AM ---Hahaha- have I ever start project and keep it on hold? I can feel entire big web site with such projects  :-wall :-wall :-wall

--- End quote ---

Me too...

Second Air Force:
Ha! We three are among many, I reckon!!!!!

The really bad thing about this build coming back from the closet is that it will probably become expensive--I've found a real sedan that I would dearly like to buy and start working on........I have come to the conclusion that physically I only have time enough for one restoration project left to me and the time to enjoy it when it is completed, so it's time to find a Beetle soon. I wanted a Split-window, but it looks like an Oval (1956) is more in my affordability range.

Second Air Force:
A small bit of work on the Beetle, firstly I was able to roughly start the seat frames and begin fitting the backs to the lowers, then a fit-check into the car:

Next was time to start working on the engine and transaxle from the Tamiya Kubelwagen. These parts are excellent and really represent the real thing well. Best part was that I don't have to get my hands as dirty working on this plastic one, unlike the 1/1 scale item! The first photo shows that some adapting has to be done to change the cooling fan shroud to the shape of the sedan shroud.

Then, some paint to get started!

draken35:
:-ok

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version