Let Let Let - Warplanes > Ground Forces

Something New (and Old) VW Sedan

<< < (3/39) > >>

Second Air Force:
Thanks, my friend!

This project has really "lit my fire" to find another real Beetle to restore--know of any late forties or early fifties VWs for sale? (I missed out on a nice project not far from my home two weeks ago.....)

Second Air Force:
I'll bet you all thought that I had stopped altogether, but I haven't...... here is the primary assembly of the VW powerplant that will eventually go into this Kafer:

Second Air Force:
Well, I've done it now--I'm moving on to a 1/1 scale VW project to go along with this smaller one.......we've finally found a very early 1956 sedan and the best part of it is that it is a stripped-down Standard version. It'll be a month or so until we actually take possession, and then the restoration can begin!

No.1:
Restorer in blood :))

Second Air Force:
Yes. We drove air cooled VWs for many years but eventually had to sell everything. Only now, 14 years later, I have been bitten by the "Bug" once again. This will take a while to restore, but it has one great feature--no rust! Most of the old VWs around here are all rusted out and beaten up from years of use but this one is very, very solid and will be easy to get back to good condition. An added plus is that it still has the original engine in it. I don't know of its condition, but hope I can rebuild it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version