Author Topic: Orthodox gift  (Read 4881 times)

Offline No.1

  • Administrator and Owner
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 21224
  • Owner: www.letletlet-warplanes.com
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
Orthodox gift
« on: March 07, 2018, 08:32:40 AM »
On March 7, 1944, a tank column named after Dmitry Donskoy ("Димитрий Донской"), consisting of 40 tanks built with the funds of Orthodox believers, was transferred to the Red Army.

On December 30, 1942, the head of the Russian Orthodox Church, Mitropolit Sergei (Сергий), appealed to the arch pastors, pastors and parish communities to raise funds for the construction of a tank column named after Dmitry Donskoy. This call was accepted by the whole Church

Offline modellius

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1805
    • View Profile
Re: Orthodox gift
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 12:25:55 PM »
very good story, thank you !

Offline No.1

  • Administrator and Owner
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 21224
  • Owner: www.letletlet-warplanes.com
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
Re: Orthodox gift
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 12:46:41 PM »
:)) Just proof we are all as one, beleivers and non beleivers ;)

Offline Second Air Force

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5519
    • View Profile
Re: Orthodox gift
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 11:05:39 PM »
Yes, great story!