Author Topic: Praga E-39/BH-39  (Read 799 times)

Offline No.1

  • Administrator and Owner
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 21905
  • Owner: www.letletlet-warplanes.com
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
Praga E-39/BH-39
« on: June 01, 2020, 06:34:18 PM »
Czechoslovakia-June 1, 1931, first flight of the Praga E-39/BH-39 training aircraft. In 1930, the ČKD-Praga factory, known primarily for its cars and trucks production, started manufacturing aircraft. The aviation Department is headed by engineers Pavel Benes and Miroslav Hajn, who worked in the company Avia. Their first project was an aircraft for basic flight training.

The E-39 was a classic biplane with a non-retractable landing gear and a Walter NZ-120 radial engine. The power frame was welded from pipes, the fuselage was covered with plywood, and the wing consoles were covered with canvas. It could reach speeds of up to 160 km/h. Similar aircraft were in all aviation countries like U-2 (USSR), Avro Tutor (Britain), Heinkel He 72 Kadett (Germany), etc.

A total of 139 Praga E-39 units were produced. Were in service with the Czechoslovak air force, and after the occupation of the country by Germany - in training units of the Luftwaffe and the Slovak air force.