Author Topic: Landgraf H-2  (Read 1827 times)

Offline No.1

  • Administrator and Owner
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 22796
  • Owner: www.letletlet-warplanes.com
    • View Profile
    • LetLetLet - Warplanes
Landgraf H-2
« on: November 02, 2021, 05:48:21 PM »
Engineer Fred Landgraf, who previously worked at Douglas Aircraft, was more attracted to helicopter construction than work on airplanes. Therefore, in 1943 he founded his own company Landgraf Helicopter. The first project was the H-2 helicopter, designed to participate in the US Army competition. On November 2, 1944, the first flight of the Landgraf H-2 light helicopter.

It was a single-seat all-wood helicopter of a transverse scheme with a retractable landing gear. The H-2 did not have a blade skewing machine ? it was controlled by roll, pitch and yaw using ailerons mounted on each of the three blades of both propellers. It was equipped with a Pobjoy R engine (85 hp) with a maximum speed of 160 km/h.

During the tests, the H2 showed good flight characteristics and the Landgraf Helicopter received financial support from the military. But later the appearance of more advanced helicopters led to the withdrawal of funding and the project was closed. Traces of the only H-2 built are lost after 1949.